Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Weekend Down and Birchbox Open!

Oooo where to start! The past few days have been a bit rough for me. Trying hard to shake some comments, but you know...it's really hard to do when the enemy uses these people to attack insecurities. 
I am being humbled.
I was able to talk to my best friend and my mom about it which really helped a lot. I keep feeling led to do something but it's not entirely clear to me as to what...(hmmmmm)

So I had a surprisingly relaxing weekend and I am very happy about that! Friday night Joey had to tutor at Starbucks so I went with him to read a book (yea...right). I didn't read but probably two pages. Instead I talked with my best friend from back home and looked at Facebook about every two seconds on my iPad. DISTRACTION
After Joey was finished we had a mini (late) date night dinner at a small pizza place. We had driven by this place over and over again always mentioning to each other that we wanted to try it. Well we finally did! This was AMAZING pizza and I have to recommend it. If you are ever in town, you need to try Sweet Tomatoes Pizzeria. This place is wayyyy beyond just your average pizza :)
I was able to get some chores around the apartment done on Saturday morning before going with Joey again. I actually went to a few stores to look around for about two hours while Joey did some more work. We then went into Orlando for some shopping at LUSH! I picked up a few bath bombs, bubble bars, and some soap. I have a LUSH haul video and blog post coming soon :)
Sunday was then a lazy day! It was Mother's Day so I talked to my mom a bit and also Skyped with my sister because she just picked up her new puppy...Oliver. He is too cute! I hope Rebel and Oliver get along when we are home! The rest of the day was just relaxing... I can't tell you how nice it is to just keep your feet up all day.
So that was my weekend...Did y'all do anything fun?

Soooo the highlight of my weekend was my Birchbox coming in the mail! YAY! Was so excited... (I have mentioned it before... I have a product problem). I opened it on video so here is the link. Then I wanted to include it here on my blog :)

The Birchbox theme this week was Gossip Girl because the season finale is tonight actually and they included samples inspired by the series as well as Manhattan's chicest events.
This was the box sleeve.
Before I opened it :)
Drum roll pleeeeeaaaassssseeee!

The first product is the Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream.
I actually freaked out about this because I have wanted to try the Dr. Jart BB Cream. I don't normally purchase BB Creams but I have wanted to. This was a very small sample size but I was able to try it yesterday and it was great. The Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB cream is a four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin- perfecting tint. So it is like a tinted moisturizer. It feels very good on your skin, but it smells a bit too much like sunscreen in my opinion. 
The full size pricing for this is $32.

The second product is Color club Nail Polish in Disco Nap.
This is sort of hard to see (sorry about that). But this Color Club Nail Polish that was included came in the color Disco Nap. This is a metallic gold polish that is supposed to look glam day or night (according to the little card they send along). I have not tried this yet, I will before the next Birchbox open...I will do a review on May's box. BUTTT, I did in my video show you the color more in depth. I am not really a fan of bright or metallic nail polish personally but I am excited to try it nonetheless.
The full size bottle is priced at $8.

The third product sample was Kerastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide (wait...what...?).
The name of this gave my trouble in my video...So I'm sorry that I do not pronounce this correctly. But this sample (very, very small for my hair...) is to be smoothed through they dry strands of your hair to add lightweight gorgeous shine. I have very dry hair but I am excited to try this on the ends of my hair to give them some pick up. I'm not sure how this will work on curly hair like mine, but I will let you know :)
The full size product is priced at $42.

The last of the four main samples is the Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner.
This was a pretty big size for a sample. I am a boring eye liner person, I usually stick with black and grays however this is blue with sparkles! It actually looks really pretty and would look good with a more done up eye makeup application. The card says, this pearly shimmer meets intense pigment in this lasting liner. Better yet, the pen-like wand makes wiggle-free application a breeze. (hmmmm...sounds GREAT) I swatch this on the video and it looks very pretty...they are not lying when they say this is long last because I had to RUB it off my hand.
The full size of this eye liner is $22.

They also included some extras and I'm just going to let them for you.
Kerastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal: Shampoo that removes oil from roots while leaving ends healthy and soft. (Full Size, $36)
Kerastase Cristalliste Lait Cristal: Hydrating aloe rich conditioner seals in shine and moisture. (Full size, $39)
Notecards: This was an example of some modern stationary with an xoxo (Gossip Girl themed) on the front. (A set of 12 cost about $10)

Welp...that is my blog post for today! Tomorrow is LUSH! Yummmmmmmy :)

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I've been reading your blog! I love reading about the products from someone I know. Thanks!
    -Fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fish! I hope all is well :)

      Delete
  2. Stila's liquid eyeliner is AMAZING!!! I have it in black and love it. I didn't know they had metallic - I wanna try it now!!
    - Allison :)

    ReplyDelete