Thursday, May 24, 2012

Candles and Cookies

So I went to Bath and Body Works yesterday because I wanted to pick up some of their new summer scents in the Slatkin & Co candles that they have! They have such AMAZING scents! 
The better part of the day was when I got there and they were having a sale on the large 3-wick candles. Normally they cost about $19.50 per candle...BUT the sale was 2 for $20!
Cannot beat that...
I picked up my favorite scent Peach Bellini...
then...they had a NEW one the store associate said they just got in called Raspberry Sun Tea...

Now...if you don't know, Bath & Body Works has candle sleeves that they change up every once and awhile. For summer they have some new summer designs. They are great to add that extra something when burning a candle and I think they are just too cute!
This one looks like waves. They also had one with a sun on it. 
I'm currently burning the Raspberry Sun Tea and I love it! Feels all summer-like in my apartment. Joey came over yesterday from work and mentioned how good it smelled :)

Whenever I burn candles I get the urge to bake. I don't know why??? Maybe it is because I burn candles like crazy in the Fall and Winter seasons and I do more baking then as well? (I'm not sure...my brain has a mind of it's own) Anyway, I decided that I would bake Joey's favorite cookies (and actually mine too). This is a recipe that I have perfected and I thought I would share it with you step by step :)

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(or you can call them heaven)


Ingredients: 
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter 
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled quick oats
1 bag Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks


Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.

Step 2: In a large bowl beat the softened butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds.


Step 3: Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl. Beat until combined. You may have to occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure entire mixture is mixed well.


Step 4: Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.


Step 5: Stir (do not beat) in flour.

Step 6: Stir in quick oats and Nestle Chocolate Chunks


Step 7: Drop cookie dough about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. I use my cookie scoop. BEST THING EVER!



Step 8: Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. 


Step 9: Wait 5 minutes before removing cookies from the cookie sheet. Then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to allow them to cool completely.

This recipe makes about 48 Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk cookies :)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment