Thursday, May 3, 2012

He Is For Me!...Along with Essie Nail Polish :)

......rough day.....
Don't you just love those days when you think you have a plan of everything you are going to do and when you are going to get it done...but then something happens that just RUINS your entire day of productivity??? Yeah...well this happening today so not a really long post.

Last night we had to give Rebel a bath after running around outside after dinner for an hour or so. He managed to get a whole bunch of those cuckleburs in his fur and he had so many mini ones stuck on his feet....ugggghhh! We had a palm full of them and the bath helped to get them out easier.
Poor puppy :(((
We also took a ride to the public dog park and we were going to let him run around, but there were so many other dogs there and (forgive me as I say this...I guess it is the snob in me) but they didn't look like the cleanest bunch of dogs to be running around with. Rebel was so interested though... we sat in the car observing the area a bit before we decided that this was not really where we wanted him to run around.
I think Joey said that we can look into a private dog park for Rebel to run around in :) That will make Rebel's YEAR!

Sooooo, I did end up going shopping yesterday to get a  a few things for dinner (Cajun Chicken, Mexican Corn Bread, and Cucumbers) and I also picked up a new color of nail polish! I LOVE IT!!
It is called Tart Deco by Essie. I went back and forth between this color and a light purple (I forget the name of it). This is such a cute Spring/Summer color (well I guess we are moving into summer now...) and this color also pairs nicely with many of the outfits I own for summer time. Which reminds me...I packed up many of my winter clothes to put into storage because they just got in the way all the time (and I don't really organize my closet in any particular order). Anyway, now I have ALL THIS ROOM and have the strongest urge to go shopping for some fun Summer clothes to fill the void in my closet :))) Okay back to the nail polish...
Absolutely loving this color :)) I will most likely be wearing this all the month of May.

In honor of Cinco de Mayo this week/weekend I am making Fajitas tonight! I have NO idea how really, but I'm going to cook some flank steaks with peppers and onions and toss them in some spice. That should do it! Right?

I really hope that many of you reading have a better Thursday than me and that you trust in God to bring you peace and comfort. There is a song that I love to listen to by Kari Jobe called You are For Me and it really provokes me to meditate on God's amazing grace.

"I know that You are for me
I know that You are for me
I know that You will never 
Forsake me in my weakness...

 And I know that You have come down
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me, who You are..."

Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy...and thank you for being for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment