Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LUSH HAUL!!!!

O.MY.LUSH!!! So I went to Lush this weekend to pick up a few things and I decided I would share them with you because I plan on letting you know how I like them as I use them :)
WHOOOT!
For those you who don't know much about LUSH (it's okay there was a time I didn't either) but I suggest that you visit the ABOUT portion of their website! They have a great video that explains what they believe and how they invent the products they do. LUSH VIDEO. Lush believes in making effective products from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics. I really like the products that I use to be fresh and safe (especially if I'm bathing with them).

Soooo on to the fun stuff! My LUSH haul was simply amazing (need I say that again...) AMAZING!
For more fun ranting check out my video!

I just love the feeling of a full bag of LUSH products :)))
So for the sake of the blog post I am going to break what I purchaed down into categories because as some of you know LUSH has an extensive range of products from bubble bars to lip scrubs to shampoo bars... SOOOO I have put what I purchased into the approperiate categories! (I'm soooo smart...hehehe)

Bath Bombs
Okay so the first bath bomb I purchased was called Twilight.
This Twilight Bath Bomb the guy in the store actually demonstarted for me because it is a newer bath bomb that combines more of the Bubble Bar inside the bath bomb. The inside of this was blue and more of a milky texture in the water. This Twilight Bath Bomb is said to...

 "recreate the magic of a starry night in your bath water with clouds of lavender, ylang ylang and ovaltine to fight the demons of insomnia and soothe your stressed out body and mind. Our most relaxing Bath Bomb yet, Twilight is our gentle, reassuring hug for the bath to transform you from worn out to warm and fuzzy."

I have not tried this yet, but I am very excited to. To use this Bath Bomb (or any bath bomb on this post) simple run warm bath water then drop the bath bomb in after you have the amount of water in your tub desired. Watch the bath bomb take off!

The second bath bomb I purchased was Spacegirl! (I thought it was appropiate)
I actaully have already used this one!!! It was lots of fun! When you drop this in to your bath water streaks of red pops filter out that look like shooting stars and sparkles of glitter fill your tub in a purple like cosmos! This was a good smelling bath bomb as well...not too strong! Lush says...

"With blasts of sparkles and refreshing grapefruit oil, Space Girl is a Bath Bomb of astronomical proportions. You’ll be ready to explore the cosmos (bath time) in a trail of purple stardust. We put real popping candies into each one to add some pop to our signature fizz. Shaped like Saturn, the energizing scent of blackcurrant candies will make you hungry for your own space adventures as you soak away in the tub. It’s really out of this world."

This was a fun bath bomb that I will definately buy again :)

The third and final bath bomb I purchased was The Rocketeer.
I actually let Joey pick this one out...(can't you tell!) This smells really good...honestly it smells to me like Smarties (the candy). It says...

"For an out-of-this-world bathing expedition, pop a Rocketeer Bath Bomb in the tub. The blue rocket pack shoots around your tub, leaving a wake of froth, fizz and the sweet scent of candy sticks. Watch the water change from blue to yellow to green as the yellow "flames" push the rocket around the tub."

I can't wait to watch this rocket around the tub!

Bubble Bars

Bubble Bars are a bit different than the Bath Bombs. Unlike the Bath Bombs, in which you just drop them in, to use the Bubble Bars you crumble the piece you are using under the running water while you fill your tub. For me, I can get about 3-4 baths out of the bigger Bubble Bars because they are a fairly decent size.

The first Bubble Bar I purchased was The Comforter.
Tip: Always keep your Bubble Bars in a plastic container to keep from drying out too soon.
Okay...So I have used a piece of this as well and really like it. I cut mine into quarters to get about 4 baths out of it. So I used a quarter of this in my bath the other night and it was lovely. VERY COMFORTING (hmmmm I wonder where they got the name). The scent is very light and not overwhelming. Your skin feels very silky and smooth when you get out of the tub. LUSH says...

"When life is getting you down, crumble The Comforter under hot, running water for passionately purple water and creamy, comforting bubbles. This massive slice of vibrant fruitiness gives you the feeling of being enveloped in a warm hug and gently consoled by the friendly fruity aroma of a blackcurrant candy. It was created to bring a real sense of comfort to people, just like a real comforter would. Snuggle in, and stay undercover until you’re ready to face the world once again."

This is one of my repeat Bubble Bars!!!

The second and final Bubble Bars (I only got two) is Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds.
I don't really care for the way that this one smells...to me it smells like an air freshener...BUTT hey it looks fun! And who doesn't want to have an expierence on fluffy white clouds! It's supposed to...

"calm your body and mind and slip into a peaceful trance in a tubful of bubbles with our largest bubble bar slice. Exotic frankincense oil has a woody, grounding aroma that blends well with earthy patchouli to relax and restore your state of mind. Lay back and feel yourself float through swirly blue skies and fluffy white clouds of bubbles and into a serene garden of a Far Eastern temple, leaving stress and worries far behind you."

Soooo...I got one final thing from LUSH and my blog readers probably already know what it is...KARMA!!! I love this soap :))
I have described this soap before so I won't go into detail again but I love it! I am almost done using the sample piece I have in the shower and this will be making it's way there next! YAY!!!


So that was my mini LUSH haul! I have loved all the products I have tried thus far and can't wait to try even more!!! Let me know if you have any questions and I will be reviewing them as I use them!

Check out my LUSH haul video here!

Happy Tuesday!


*Disclaimer: I purchased all the above products myself. My thoughts and opinions are my own. The LUSH quoted descriptions were taken from lushusa.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment