Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Faves!

I can't believe it is the end of the month already! Where does the time go?!?!
At the end of the month I like to do my monthly favorites which are things, makeup, products, food, etc. that I am obsessing over for the month of May. (I know...obsessing doesn't sound that great)... What I mean is...some of the items shown I have talked about before, some are new things that I have tried this month that are AMAZING, and some are just the current phase that I am in :)
I hope you get to try out some of these because these items are GREAT! 
I have a mixture of random different things so I will try to break them into categories and anything without a category will be at the end??? (I don't know...we will see how this works).

I will start out with what you all know that I HAVE TO include....makeup!

Favorite Makeup Items
So my first favorite in the "makeup section" of favorites is something I have shown before in my blog posts...
The Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. This is my favorite lip balm right now. The scents they have are amazing and I'm really into peach at the moment so the #30 Peach Kiss is my favorite. They feel great on your lips and I love to take this to the beach with me. The are SPF 20 and have a great shimmer to them. I love that you don't have to dip your hands in anything either...it just has a twist up top. WHOOOT for BABY LIPS :)

Second in my makeup faves is my new(er) eye-shadow primer.
This is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance that I bought to try as opposed to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I was not disappointed with the UD Primer Potion, but I just wanted to try something different...AND THIS IS PERFECT! I really, really like this Shadow Insurance a lot. It feels much lighter on my eyelids than the Primer Potion and I have not had a crease in my eye-shadow once while wearing this. This product smooths out over the lid without using that much. The light feel of this primer is great for the hot and sticky summer!

Third, is my NYX Retractable Eye Liner in 02 Black.
I really like eye liner but I have never been partial to any brand. I have only used the push up pencils or retractable eye liners because I don't like to sharpen eye liner pencils and I'm not a fan of liquid liner. I LOVE this eye liner pencil that I picked up as my liner this month. I will be getting this again for sure. It has an extremely smooth application, great color pigment, and is hypoallergenic and cruelty free (like all NYX products). NYX products are also a great price!

And finally, my last makeup item is my MAC Mineralize Skinfinsh Natural in light.
Love this! I put this on at the end of my makeup routine to set any foundation, powder, and blush. Hands down one of the best setting/finishing powders I've tried. Has a natural glow to it but it not too shimmery. Feels great on my face and is not heavy at all nor does it look cake like when applied. This product also helps protect my makeup from the heat and sun during the summer. Really GREAT product!

Favorite Candles
Soooo I blogged about my Bath and Body Works Candles the other day which I really like BUT those are not my favorite candles this month! CRAZY! I know!
I found these extremely CHEAP candles at Michael's Craft Store and fell in love!
These were $1. (Seriously...I'm not joking) And recently they were on clearance for 79 cents.
They are revolutionary :) They are a smaller candle but I put them in my bathroom and burn them during the day when I'm home. Makes my bathroom smell out of this world and they look so cute in the adorable tins.
The current scent I'm burning in my bathroom is Vanilla Cupcake and this little candle packs a whole lot of scent!
Greatest find EVER! So cheap, smell GREAT, and look adorable!
(Does it get any better?...I will answer that for you... NOOOO!!!)

Favorite Hair and Body Products

First in this category is my Tuscan Hill Body Cream... (wait...what?)
Yeahhhhh...this was a weird find. I got this at TJMaxx; or one of the those types of stores. I always go over the lotions and perfumes to see if they have any of my favorites for a price that is more agreeable. You have to really go through and check out the product (for example the expiration dates) but at times you can find a great product you have never tried/heard off. EXAMPLE A ABOVE. This scent is Vanilla Almond and I had to have it once I smelled it. The scent is different from the lotions that I typically buy but so good! This body cream is a rich formula which I really like and the size is generous! I have been putting this on after every shower and bath. Must be love folks...must be LOVE!

Second product is my Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner.
I had been using my Pureology products but I picked this up at Ulta and I really like it. I think I like the Pureology formula better, but for the price this conditioner is really good. It contains vegetable protein to soothe dry or damaged hair, control frizz, and add shine. The best part about this conditioner for me is it is Certified Organic, 100% Vegetarian Ingredients, no animal testing, and is free of phthalates, artificial fragrance, dyes, sulfates, and parabens. Plus it works! JACKPOT!

Third, and final product is also by Giovanni. It's the 2 Chic Brazilian Keratin and Argan Oil Flat Iron Styling Mist.
I have mentioned before, if you are going to flat iron your hair, you really need a protecting spray. This works AMAZING! Leaves you hair so smooth. I barely straighten my hair anymore, but when I do I use this and my hair feels so great! It incorporates a dual smoothing complex with the Moroccan argan oil and the Brazilian phyto-keratin. On top of that, all the great organic characteristics I mentioned with the conditioner are also applicable to this product as well.

Random Favorites

Best Beverage EVER!
I am loving these ICE Sparkling Flavored Waters. They have Zero Calories and satisfy any craving I have for Soda...WIN WIN! We buy the 18 pack at Sam's!

Better Homes and Gardens and also Decor Magazines have been an interest this month. 
I want a house.... :(

And finally... Joey has started my FAVORITE TV SHOW of all time Alias!
Joey and I have been obsessing over this show for this month :)


Well...those were my favorites for the month of May! Anything that you are favoring this month let me know! Send me an email or comment below!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the NYX eye liner. I'm in love with it & probably will only purchase that eye liner from now on.

    ReplyDelete