Monday, May 21, 2012

Sick Day...Monday

Today is that day...very much a "sick" day (ladies we all know what "sick" really is).
Had an o.k. weekend though. I made Shepard's Pie Saturday night which I have never made before, however thanks to my Mom and her amazing recipe it turned out great. Joey was over for dinner and LOVED IT! "On the favorites list", he said. Mind you, he says that about most everything I cook. I'm going to include the recipe below because it is very much worth it!

Yesterday we were able to take Rebel for a really long walk...he was one pooped puppy. Joey was taking some pictures before we left.
This is called a Spoonbill...(yeaaaa I thought for a second it was a flamingo...so did Rebel)
Momma duck and her little ducklings :)
Joey and I discovered a Magnolia Tree right next to my apartment :) I had never seen one before...BUT what is cool is the Magnolia flower is the state of flower of Mississippi! Joey was proud!
The little purple flower is called a poppy...I think? I don't know. Joey went and picked it pretending he was Bear Grylls exploring the outdoors.
It was a cool flower...
Rebel got bored and was really ready to go :)
That is his 'pretty please, can we go?' look.

It was a overall nice day out weather wise yesterday and it looks like today is going to be just as nice. I wish I felt up to heading out to lay out in some sun. 
I am excited about tomorrow's blog post because it is all about curly hair...whooot!

Until then, Happy Monday!

Shepherd's Pie Recipe (Upstate, NY)

Ingredients:
2 lbs Hamburg Meat
1 Chopped Onion
1 Egg
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
6 Medium Potatoes Pealed
1/4 lb Velveeta Cheese

Additional Items:
Milk
Salt
Pepper

To Cook:
Combine hamburg, chopped onion, egg, 1/2 cup of mushroom soup, and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs in bowl. Mix together and press layer in bottom of pie dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. When finished take out and pour off any fat that pooled in the middle.

Take your 6 medium potatoes and boil until cooked. Whip potatoes with mixer (add a small amount of milk to looks) while mixing until potatoes are at desired whipped consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. (optional)

Begin to layer the pie on top of the cooked meat crust. Cut Velvetta into small pieces and put on top of the crust. Then layer whipped potatoes on top of the cheese. Pore 1 whole can of Cream of Mushroom Soup over top and spread out. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Serves 6
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment