Monday, June 4, 2012

BB Cream Thoughts

Happy Monday all! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend...I know I sure did! I did tons of praying this weekend! I also was able to hit the beach again this weekend and as I was doing my "to the beach prep" I realized that I wanted to share my NEW BB Cream find with y'all <3 

Soooo I mentioned this in my previous blog post when I was talking about not applying sunscreen everyday; and how BB Creams have really taken off in the Western Hemisphere as we have discovered these creams in East Asia and on that side of the globe.
Just so you are aware the history behind BB Cream (which I actually found interesting being an International Business major), BB stands for Blemish Balm or Blemish Base. BB Creams have been more prevalent in East and Southeast Asia however it was orginially formulated in Germany in the late 1950s. The creams were first used to treat skin after laser procedures or surgeries. The creams came to Asia in the 1980s and was especially prosperous in South Korea where BB Creams make up 13% of the cosmetics market.* BB Cream has only been a "big hit" in the Western markets since 2011.

So what is BB Cream? (a miracle...) Just kidding, that is just my opinion. BB Creams were mainly promoted as being anti-inflammatory and as having a soothing effect on the skin. BB Creams have been advertised as the 4-in-1 product, "multi-tasking" products, and the end all of certain foundations, moisturizers and more. BB Creams are usually highly moisturizing, have an SPF(sunblock), anti-aging serum, and lays a layer of primer before your makeup. BB Creams help act as an "overall concealer" (that is what I call it) because is helps with eye circles and bags as well as conceal acne, blemishes, red areas, and corrects uneven skin tones. The tint that BB Creams have act as a foundation for prepping the skin for the rest of your makeup routine and help create that flawless skin finish without the addition of a primer. BB Creams help skin look more naturally even, radiant, and smooth.

Now, since BB Cream have been big in the Eastern part of the world BB Creams didn't really have very many shades...in fact that was/(still) is considered one of the major disappoints of a BB Cream. In my opinion though as BB Creams become more prevalent in Europe and the States companies like Dr. Jart and Garnier are working to perfect these creams and flaws that they have (which are few and not many).

So why have I brought BB Creams up on my blog? We have heard of BB Creams already...what is the point of this?

Wellll...the point is there are so many BB Creams out there! I mean check out www.bbcreams.com just for a few brands! There are so many...and if you are like me, you want to try a BB Cream (because it sounds like the miracle you have been waiting for) and you want to try the right one. The biggest issue with BB Creams for me is the cost. Yep. I said it. Trust me when it comes to what I put on my face I am NOT frugal, but the fact of the matter is BB Creams can be EXPENSIVE! For example, I received the Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm in my Birchbox last month...
This stuff was GREAT! I think I squeezed every little drop out of my sample that I could! It really was an AMAZING BB Cream and my skin felt radiant and smooth. I had a glow! No joke.
But as I looked into this BB Cream I found that a full size bottle of this was going to cost me $45! 
(tears... seriously I cried)
I was not happy. The more I searched the more I found that BB Creams were costly...I mean they ranged from $45 and others $32 (Too Faced). I looked into Dior, Clinique, Estee Lauder($109), and more...
They were just out of my price range for this point in my life (planning/saving for a wedding)...AND THEN I came across the NEW Garnier BB Cream!!! I actually saw a commercial for it on TV and it caught my eye. I made a point to look it up online...it is being advertised as NEW still even though I think it came out toward the end of 2011. BUT it is the FIRST official drugstore BB Cream in the United States.
Okay...now this retails about $12 which is much better for my wallet! I have been using it and I really DO like it. I have a few things that I would like to point out, because while I like it...it does not compare to the Dr. Jart+ BB Cream that I used. The main issue I have with it is the coverage. It barely offers much coverage like a traditional BB Cream formula would. Plus, this has a bit of a thinner consistency. In addition to the coverage issue, I'm not sure I see this BB Cream treating the anti-aging finer lines, or offering the best SPF. The SPF is 15 and compared to SPF 25 or 30 on most other BB Creams that is not that great.

Overall the hydration this BB Cream offers is really comparable with other BB Creams.  It feels good on my skin and since $50 for a higher end BB Cream is not in my budget this will work just fine. I typically use this under my makeup so the coverage issue for me is not that badddd...
I will work with it :)

Let me know if you have a BB Cream you really love! Or if you have tried this BB Cream I would love to hear your thoughts!

I'm praying for you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment