Friday, July 27, 2012

something I never thought would happen...

There honestly is a FIRST time for everything... who wouldn't agree? Well a few days ago I made a peanut butter shortbread cookie. I thought it was REALLY good because I do enjoy shortbread cookies and then mix that with peanut butter...well you have got yourself a treat!
Butttttt....
Joey didn't like it. NOPE. Not one bit. I thought he was joking at first so I just laughed and said 'yeah right'. However after he did not touch it again after that and said he REALLY didn't like it a few more times, I got the hint.
This is what I had left over after I ate it all :/ But it is like a wedge shortbread cookie.

I liked it... so I figured I would share the recipe with y'all and have you give it a whirl. Let me know if you like it too or if you side with Joey :)))

Peanut Butter Shortbreads

Ingredients 
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 creamy peanut putter
2 cups all-purpose flour
Step 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients with fingers in medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse meal. (What?!?! just mix it untill it's all crumbly)
Step 3: Press into ungreased 8-inch round baking pan. Prick decorative wedges in dough with fork.
Step 4: Bake about 1 hour or until very lightly browned. Cut into wedges while warm.
Makes 16 wedge-shaped cookies
 

***This is not my recipe. I made this from my Favorite Brand Name Best-Loved Entertaining Cook Book. They said that this recipe was favorited by the Peanut Advisory Board.***


1 comment:

  1. I love peanut butter cookies!! This actually looks and sounds amazing. Men lol

    ReplyDelete