Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake

Good morning...eeeerrrrr afternoon :/ I have been watching the Olympics like crazy so losing track of time :)
I love the Summer Olympics! Makes me want to get out and run, swim, kayak in a river, etc. BUUUTTTT instead I have found the perfect recipe for lemon pound cake! 

So I have an obsession with Starbucks (as most people do) and I just love a Chai Tea Latte with a piece of their Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing... agggggghhhh so good!

So I started making my own Lemon Pound Cake AND it tastes JUST LIKE the Starbucks!!!
Now I don't know Starbucks' recipe so I'm not claiming THIS IS or anything... just very similar :))

Here is my recipe below... ENJOY!


Lemon Pound Cake w/ Icing


Pound Cake
Ingredients
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
1 teaspoon of Vanilla flavoring
1 teaspoon of Lemon flavoring
5 Eggs

Step 1: Mix all ingredients together.

Step 2: Spoon into greased bundt pan (or you could do two bread pans)

Step 3: Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour

Icing

Just mix powdered sugar with small about of milk. Add vanilla and lemon flavoring to taste.

2 comments:

  1. YUM. Seriously looks amazing. I wish I could bake....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fattening! Two cups of butter is why it taste sooo good!

    ReplyDelete