Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Little Bit of Toner!

I woke up this morning and realized that my blog post from yesterday did not go up.
Very Sad :(
So hence the following post...

I have been meaning to share this product with you all because I really, really like. I feel like often this product is over looked as a simple step in a getting ready routine.
Toner.
Yep, that's right! Toner. Often you hear beauty bloggers, women, and/or "people" talk about facial cleansers, exfoliating scrubs, face masks, so on and so forth. There is nothing wrong with those products and they are definitely very important when dealing with healthy skin.
Many people aren't exactly what toner does. Users tend to get confused with the term"age" (termage...not a word)  between toner, astringents, fresheners, etc.
Well hopefully I can shed some light on the subject because I was once confused and just as lost as you are.
Traditional Toners typically consist of moisturizers and oils that help soothe your skin. When you are dealing with astringents they are more alcohol based and are meant to tighten the skin and pores. And finally, fresheners are kind of along the same lines are astringents in their purpose, however; fresheners are made up of caffeine and tea instead of alcohol.
So why does this matter?
Well it matters because you really have to gauge your face and what your skin really needs in terms of products.

How to Use a Toner:
So you will first want to start by washing your face with a cleanser. Like I mentioned above this cleanser should work with your particular skin type, so you will want to pay attention to whether your skin is dry, oily, or a combo of both.
Use a towel that's soft and clean to dry your face (pat dry). I like to switch my towels every other day to keep from bacteria thriving on the towel.
Next, I use cotton rounds, but you could use cotton balls or facial tissues to apply your toner. Start by applying the toner across your t-zone (forehead and nose). These tend to be the oiliest. You can then also apply to your cheeks and other oily areas. Try to stay away from dry areas (for me that is right underneath my eyes) especially if you choose an alcohol-based astringent.
Let your skin dry and then go ahead and apply a moisturizer.

Sounds simply enough right? It is, and can really make your routine feel a bit more spa like:)
I really like this Organic Face Rosewater Toner by Boots (www.boots.com)
You can purchase it on Amazon as well.

The smell of this toner is romantic. Such a luxery feel to this product and I really recommend you give it a try.

I hope you all are enjoying your week so far and remember to treat yourself to a spa day :)

*Some research from http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/skin-toner2.htm*

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts about beauty products as I am pretty much clueless when it comes to stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too for the longest time! It just takes some time to play with products and research a lot. I always try to find reviews on products before I even try them. Saves time and money :)

      Delete