Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Daddy's French Toast {BEST EVER}

Several times over this past month I have woke up craving french toast! I don't really know why...maybe I am missing home! My dad used to make us french toast on the weekends. He would get up early and either make pancakes or french toast. Of course, I would always vote for french toast.
So I have made french toast like crazy this month and I thought I would share the recipe my dad shared with me. I did some research on other french toast recipes and for some reason I just keep coming back to this one. My favorite.

Thank you Dad for this awesome french toast recipe!


My Daddy's French Toast

Here's what you'll need!
Ingredients:
4 Eggs
Bread (Try to use thicker toast)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
2-3 Tablespoons 2% Milk
Cinnamon to Taste
2 Tablespoons of Butter

Next you will need a shallow pan to mix your ingredients in. I like to use a pie dish, because it works really well. You will also need a pan to cook your french toast in. You can use a griddle (that is what my dad used), but for the purpose of this recipe I'm using a deep frying pan.

Okay! Onward!

Step 1: Put 2 tablespoons of butter in your frying pan. On medium heat. We don't want the butter to burn.

Step 2: Crack your four eggs in your pie pan and beat together with fork.

Step 3: Add 2-3 tablespoons of 2% milk and beat together, again, with fork. Start with 2 tablespoons, but add more milk depending on how well it mixes together.

Step 4: Add Vanilla and beat together. Then add cinnamon. I usually coat the entire top of mixture then beat in. My favorite cinnamon is by Penzeys.

 Step 5: Make sure that your pan is even coated with butter and is sufficiently heated. Get your bread ready to quickly coat. If you have thicker bread than I do here, I would use that.

Step 6: Coat your bread QUICKLY on each side. I use a fork to flip toast on each side and transport to the heated frying pan.

Step 7: Cooking evenly on each side until starts to brown up a bit. This also depends on taste and how toasted you like your french toast. I prefer mine on the soggier side :) (But well cooked)

Step 8: Add some butter to each side and a hefty amount of syrup (if you are looking for a healthy version you can skip this...) ENJOY!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds AMAZING . . . mmm, now i'm craving French toast. I'll have to try this out sometime soon. Thanks for sharing this family recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) Let me know when you try it!

      Delete
    2. Looks yummy I'm going to try this one out:)

      Delete