Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Post-Wedding Blues + 3 Things to Share with Future Brides

For those of you who don't know I just got MARRIED!
Yay!
I know some of you thought I was married based on my blog title/name; but I just wanted to grab it while I could (once I knew I was going to be a Mrs.) ;)

So since I have been back I have had minor post wedding blues! I very much enjoy being married to my wonderful husband; but I spent sooo much time planning (like many brides) now I feel a bit sad that it is all over. *tear*

That being sad, several friends that have recently got married had shared some advice with me that helped me focus on my marriage and not JUST my wedding day. I thought it would be nice to share some of my OWN advice for any brides-to-be searching for some advice or even if you're not...maybe just read this to keep in the back of your mind.

Post-Bride Tips to the Bride-to-Be


1. No Last Minute Planning.- I'm such a planner so this wasn't a problem for me, BUT I can only imagine if all the planning wasn't done. We went up a week prior to the wedding to get some little things finished. One thing I was set on was having everything finished and dropped off before the start of rehearsal day. Everything, and I mean everything, was DONE the morning of rehearsal. All my reception items were dropped off (some venues may not allow you to drop off that early plus my venue set everything up for me). Everything was all set for rehearsal, all my schedules were printed for my vendors, and I had all my beauty regime (nails, toes, eyebrows, etc.) done before rehearsal day. Made rehearsal really enjoyable and the day of the wedding so much less stressful.

2. Focus on the Marriage, not ONLY the Wedding.- This was something I had to keep reminding myself! Not because I wasn't excited to marry the man of my dreams, but because I had put so much time, energy, crafting skills, and thought into planning my dream wedding that all I could think about was everything coming together, going as planned, and turning out beautifully. I had to look at myself in the mirror and say that this wedding is the celebration of what truly is the best blessing...my marriage! I think that part of the problem is all the hype around weddings. There are so many TV shows, Pinterest Pins, and wedding magazines that depict the "perfect wedding" that many brides focus soooo much of their thoughts on how their wedding was going to measure up. This was me! I wanted all my guests to be blown away and everything to come together. But I really needed to remember that at the end of the day what really matters was being the wife to my amazing new husband :)

3. Enjoy the Day!- My wedding day went by faster than any other day in my life. In all seriousness, the day flew by and I was left leaving my wedding in a glow stick run through thinking... WHERE DID THE TIME GO? I was told over and over again that the day would be over before I could blink...and everyone was right! The best advice I received was to enjoy the day and it is the best advice I can pass on. Being my perfectionist self I had to really, really work at enjoying the day and not get overly stressed; but I made up my mind I was going to enjoy every little moment. It makes that fast day way more memorable.

I was such a blessed bride. I really didn't have any hiccups in my wedding day or even days leading up to it that may have caused me to have a meltdown. Everything went better than I had expected (mostly because people told me to expect things to go wrong...AND THEY DIDN'T...HA!). I'm so blessed to have had the wedding of my dreams and get to marry the man of my dreams!

Best of luck to all the brides-to be and happy marriages to all those happily wedded!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment