Thursday, July 18, 2013

Freshen Up your Home! {3 Ways to Add Life and Color}
















Ever feel like you need a pick-me-up? No...I'm not talking coffee and caffeine, but more of the interior decor boost.

Whenever I feel like my home feels a bit drab or just not very lively, there are three ways I add some life and color to my surroundings.


One: Fresh Flowers- It is so easy to add some color and life to your home with some fresh flowers or greenery! I personally love this! I think it is one of the cheaper ways to freshen up your home. It can also set the tone for different areas in your home. I love colorful sunflowers, lilies, or peonies flowers in my kitchen to lighten the mood. However, some deep red roses in your bedrooms can create a romantic ambiance. Fresh flowers can really bring joy and life.

Two: Colorful Throw Pillows- Switching out your older throw pillows that may not contain as much color is a great way to add some vibrant color to your home. I had some darker throw pillows on my living room couches that just felt melancholy. All I did was some shopping around for throw pillows and found some that brought color to the room. The living room feels peaceful and inviting. All because I used color in my throw pillows!

Three: Scented Candles/Plugins- Not all life and color comes completely from your sense of sight. We have to also focus on our other senses. Your sense of smell can help open the door to a fresh home. I love lighting candles...doesn't even matter what season of the year it is. Having some scents waft around my home makes it feel more alive; and pending on the scent can also very literally freshen up your home.


How do you add life to your home? Would love to hear your tips and tricks!

Cheers!
Make sure you click 'Join this Site' under the Followers section to stay up-to-date on new blog posts and giveaways! Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. ah~~ thank you for reminding me about this! Going to switch on my diffuser with my fav EO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really great ideas Katrina, however I switched up plug ins for candles only because when I go out I can blow out the candle and put a lid on it because I only buy candles in a jar that have lids.

    Plug-ins were starting to worry me because of an oil substance being close to electricity and was warned by a fire chief that they are a fire hazard, the thought of losing my furbaby in a fire I know I could have prevented sickens me so out the door it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never really thought about the plug-ins like that! Thanks for the tips! I will have to look into it. :)

      Delete