Thursday, July 25, 2013

Household Product Faves! {My Everyday Household Cleaners}



















 Ahhhhh, cleaning! The duty that typically precedes or even follows organizing. As a professional organizer, this is not a service I provide my clients. However, as the organizer and homemaker of my own household, this is something I cannot avoid in my daily activity.
To be honest, I actually rather enjoy my cleaning chores, and of course, the feeling of having everything not only organized in place, but also cleaner than clean.

I often get a few questions when I post organizing blogs on what products I use to clean with. I am fairly loyal to the products I use and thought I would share what I use to keep my household in shipshape.

Now, as a forewarning, these are my everyday cleaning products. I have more products not published here that I use for stains, leather treatments, extra tough cleaning, etc. I wanted to ONLY stick with what I use on a regular basis.

Everyday Kitchen Cleaners

The first is probably not new to anyone reading this blog. O Comet...how you clean my sink so well! I use this Comet with Bleach Cleanser Lemon Fresh for my kitchen sink and I love how it cleans. I have tried several other cleansing powders in my sink and I just keep coming back to this one.
I am a bit pickier when it comes to my counter-top spray, because this is where much of my food preparation happens. I only use the Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day counter-top spray on my counters in the kitchen. Not only is it a more natural product, but the scents are very natural in their own right. I have used several different scents in this spray, the lavender, lemon verbena, and the one I'm currently using the basil scent.

Everyday Bathroom Cleaners
This really goes without saying much. Everyone needs to clean their toilet. I prefer the Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner to any other brand. I think that Lysol works the best. I also really like the Cling Gel formula pictured here and typically always buy this type. I don't want to get too deep in writing about toilet bowl cleaner, but this cling gel formula is thicker than the original and I think it actually does what it says it will. Sticks to the bowl for better cleaning. I also use the Lysol Toilet Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner which helps keep everything fresh for up to four weeks. 
Fun, huh?!
I use Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner for my showers, tubs, toilet base, and even bathroom counter-top. I like the fast acting foaming action for hard to reach places. Also, I like it because it does so well on multiple surfaces like I mentioned; I use it on showers, tubs, and counter-tops.
I have mentioned this glass cleaner in another blog post before. I just love it that much! Sprayway Inc. has some awesome products. The Sprayway Glass Cleaner is by far the best product out there for cleaning mirrors, windows, windshields, and other glass surfaces. It is Ammonia free and does the job perfectly leaving zero streaks!

Everyday Furniture, Floor, and Fragrance
To dust I really have started liking this Dust and Shine Furniture Spray by Swiffer. I use this on my dusting cloth and it works on all colors of wood. I really like it because it wipes away fingerprints and adds a nice shine to all our furniture.
For my floors I have two Swiffers that I like to use after I vacuum. For simple spot mopping in a specific room, I typically gravitate toward the Swiffer Sweeper. If I am going to Swiffer the entire house ( I do every Monday) then I use my Swiffer Wet Jet Mop. I like both of these for my floors and they both work extremely well; however, sometimes nothing can beat using a bucket and rag on your hands and knees.
Finally, the last product that I use for my everyday clean is Febreze. I like to use the Febreze Fabric Refresher on my couches and rugs after I clean. I don't have that pictured here. To freshen all the rooms in my home after I have finished cleaning, I use the Febreze Air Effects. Most recently I picked up the Brilliant Spring Blossoms scent and I really enjoy it.

So there you have it! Maybe boring to some and interesting to a few, these are my everyday household cleaners that I use and really like. Don't get me wrong, I am always searching for newer, better products but these have weathered the storm of search thus far.
Let me know if you have any favorite household products in the comments below and why you love them! I love to hear from you all!

Cheers!
Remember to follow this blog by clicking 'Join this Site' in the followers section off to the right! Thanks!

***Disclaimer: All opinions and thoughts are my own. None of these products were sent to me for a review, nor did I receive compensation to discuss them. All products were purchased by me***

2 comments:

  1. Going to give that Mrs.Meyers a try! Thanks for the tips!

    .:Marta:.
    petiteraisin.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep these in my mind!

    Household Product Bangalore & Buy Personal Care Bangalore



    ReplyDelete