Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Atlantis Shuttle Exhibit: Kennedy Space Center {NASA}

Ever since the Atlantis Shuttle Exhibit opened on June 29th, 2013 I have wanted to go see it. Not only because it is an amazing piece of American space history, but also because my husband had the privilege of working on the last shuttle mission.

We took the trip to the visitor's center with Joey's parents while they were here for the 4th of July. They made a few changes to the entrance since I had been there last, but once again seeing everything that goes into space travel amazes me.
Please enjoy these photos!





































I hear about space and the work that NASA is doing daily. To be honest, sometimes I find myself rolling my eyes and wishing I could hear about something else. But at the end of the day, when you are able to see the masterpieces that have allowed Americans to explore the heavens above us, you can't help but feel pride and awe.

We have barely touched the distances we can go. The work that NASA does in tandem with other space agencies is going to allow us to go further than we ever thought we could.
If you ever get the opportunity to head down to Florida, make sure the Kennedy Space Center is in your plans.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. oh my boys would love that. We need to get that on a trip agenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun! :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete