Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Concealing Dark Under Eye Circles {My Favorite Concealers}

For some reason, as of late, the dark circles under my eyes have become even more dark. I'm not 100% sure why. I have been tired lately due to busyness and possibly a bit more stress than normal, but there is nothing that really stands out. I'm pretty sure I sleep enough. I should preface this by saying I have never really had dark circles. I'm fairly young and they aren't terrible, but I feel they are more noticeable.
I have tried a few tips and tricks that I Googled to help the dark circles under my eyes.
I tried a dark circle cream.
Putting cold milk compress on my eyes.
Going to bed earlier.
Using a chilled spoon.
And more!
Unfortunately, I just don't see much of a change. It may be that I'm just getting older? Has anyone tried anything that has worked?

All this being said to say that I have gone through a many few concealers this past year, trying to tend to the dark circles under my eyes. I actually have found that a great concealer really does cover it all up as if they weren't even there.
These aren't even all the concealers I've tried. Some I used up, and others I hated so much they didn't deserve to have their picture taken. However, out of this small bunch there are two concealers that have found their place in my everyday makeup and really helped with my under eye area.
I'm not an expert by any means, but I have learned that if you want to conceal dark under eye circles it is best to use a peachy, pink undertone concealer first. You should use this pink/peach tone as the corrector. This counteracts the purple/greenish tones underneath the eye that a normal concealer wouldn't be able to conceal on its own. If you don't have really bad dark under eye circles, you may not need a corrector. You could get away with a more yellow toned concealer to mask the blueish discoloration. Bobbi Brown Cosmetics had a great article on this and much of what I learned about concealer came from here.
Needless to say, I'm still figuring this all out; but I have found two concealers that are really great.
and
(both picture above)
These both feel great under the eye area. Their formulas offer a very hydrating application. After dotting the product under my eye, I apply both of these with a synthetic concealer brush. I prefer to use this to my fingers or sponge. Some concealers that I have used can crease in the lines underneath the eye area. Both of these blend smoothly, and don't crease on me. I also really like the shades and have found a perfecting match in their color options. They both have a brightening element in the formula and they brighten the under eye area while still concealing dark circles and minor imperfections.

Really enjoying both of these! I'm always on the look out for other concealers I haven't tired, and I'm still searching for a way to minimize the dark circles under my eyes.

Let me know what you have tried!

Cheers!
Remember to 'Join this Site' and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

6 comments:

  1. I love the air brush concealer by Clinique. It works great with my fair skin. I actually just picked some up yesterday. Having low iron and a 3 month old has really made my circles show. However, the concealer really helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try the air brush concealer. I usually don't have great luck with Clinique :(

      Delete
  2. Lovely tips as always!

    I have used Benefit's Boing concealer under my eyes forever! It helps my eyeliner stay put in addition to helping the circles.

    Last summer I briefly tried Dior's Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen and it didn't give me enough coverage. It was my second-favorite concealer I've tried, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Benefit Boing Concealer! That is a great one! For some reason I don't get the brightness with it though. I have not tried the Dior Skinflash Booster Pen. May have to give that a try! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Need these tips immensely! Thanks!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most definitely supplied the chances (where movements turn, designs typically follow), there are thousands of for services to select from. Ended up will be the occasions for stiff clean mascara, changed by way of steady talkers this keep eyebrows sleek, brainwashed and also bulked away found in the most effective way. We will at the same time excited around the colored assortments accessible, too.so utilize mine best clear brow gel

    ReplyDelete