Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY {Ribbon Holder and Storage}

This is perfection! I had been looking for a crafting ribbon holder for awhile. I found several just by searching on Google. The problem for me is I don't have enough ribbon, or should I say much ribbon. I tend to reuse ribbon so I have an over-sized ziploc bag in my craft closet just for that. Any package, gift, or new purchase with a beautiful ribbon I will usually save it and use again.
 Many of the ribbon organizers would look really nice with tons of ribbon all dispersed across the spool. However, for me I just don't need that much ribbon organizing space; and on top of that I don't have my own designated craft room (yet!). I will eventually get ones that mount on the wall and have additional components incorporated.

I couldn't yet justify purchasing an organizer without the space. So after searching, I finally took one of my own belt hangers, which is a multiple rod hanger, and removed the top rod. Making just enough room for the spools of ribbon.

This really is all I needed! The great part about this is I can hang it in my craft closet easily; and can unravel as much as I need, when I need.

Hopefully this gives you some inspiration to do your own DIY Ribbon Holder to save some space or just get organized!

Cheers!
Remember to follow this blog by clicking 'Join this Site' in the followers section off to the right! Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. lovely!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Any ideas for pieces of ribbon that don't have spools? I have a few ziplock baggies with ribbon remnants, you might call them. :) Best to just keep in a little box still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just keep them in a little bin, because I try to re-purpose ribbon all the time. You might could separate them in Ziploc bags by color, then store in a basket that way you don't have to dig through one huge bin of random ribbon for something to match a gift or craft. Just a thought :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete