I have received a few emails requesting that I do an everyday makeup look. Now I am by no means a makeup guru, nor do I always wear makeup everyday. However, I thought I would share my everyday makeup products that I use when I'm just going out to run errands, meet with clients, or just want a simple makeup look.
My Everyday Makeup
1. Foundation- To start off my everyday makeup application I use my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in the shade 2N1 Desert Beige. I just use a flat top kabuki brush and apply a small amount all over my face. I love this foundation for several reasons. First, the coverage. This has medium to heavy coverage that you can build up if need be. Second, it is long lasting. I have no problems (when I use a setting powder) keeping this foundation looking great all day long.
2. Face Concealer- Next I apply my Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer to any blemishes or hyper pigmentation spots on my face. I'm in the shade 01 Porcelain. I love how blendable this concealer is. I talk about this in my favorite concealer blog post. It is so creamy and a little goes a looong way.
3. Under Eye Concealer- This Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Conealer was also mentioned in my favorite concealers blog post. This concealer works miracles under my eyes! It helps conceal those dark circles while brightening the under eye area. Makes me actually look awake even if I'm dragging for the day.
4. Eye Liner- I must admit I sometimes skip the eye liner step; especially if I'm just doing work from home. However, when I do decided to apply it I'm usually wearing my NYX Retractable Eye Liner in the color 02 Black. This eye pencil just glides right on my eye lid and doesn't smudge all day! Other bonuses include, it's water proof, cruelty free, and hypoallergenic. I typically go for brown eye liners (and still wear them a lot) but I find that smudging this eye liner out creates a less harsh look.
5. Blush- I love blush! It is my favorite makeup product to collect and play with. I don't usually wear blush and bronzer at the same time unless I'm really doing up my makeup. I typically opt for one or the other and, you guessed it, the blush wins. Since I love blush I don't really stick to the same blush everyday, but more often than not I tend to reach for my NARS Blush in the color Deep Throat. What I love about the NARS blushes is that they are so lightweight and natural looking. You can down play the color or build it up for a more dramatic look. It also feels great on the cheeks!
6. Setting Powder- Not much to say here because I talk about my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural all the time. I'm in the shade light. I apply this directly to my T-Zone and it sets my makeup for the day. Perfection!
7. Mascara- My current mascara that I'm loving (and wearing all the time) is the Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Flared. Perfect for an everyday look, this mascara really lasts all day and doesn't clump while giving you great looking lashes.
8. Lip Product- Unless I'm going out on a date with my husband or doing a more intense makeup look, I typically avoid lipstick on a daily basis. Mostly because I'm drinking coffee and water pretty much straight through all day! I opt for something that is going to hydrate my lips and add only a soft sheen to them. The Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss is my favorite. I did a more in depth blog post on these products previously.
Well there you have it, my everyday makeup products! Of course, like many women, I love to dress up my makeup and try new products.
What is your everyday makeup look consist of?