Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Young NASA Housewife: The Liebster Award!


I don't think I can possibly pin-point a time when I didn't want to blog. Sure, like most bloggers (hopefully I'm not putting words in your mouth), I would struggle to find the time between clients and house duties to type up my little post to share; or I would suddenly be stricken with a case of writers block that seems to haunt me all day. Nonetheless, I have loved, loved, LOVED this blogging journey sharing what I have learned and discovered along the way. 
I actually surprised myself when I sat down and went over my Filofax to tally up my time spent blogging. And it's not just typing the post. The photography, editing, writing, editing some more, publishing, and then continuously interacting with my readers (which is my favorite part!) It takes time, well spent time and I wouldn't turn back for a second.

Young NASA Housewife was recently nominated for The Liebster Award by Marta from Petite Raisin. This is an honor because I SO enjoy reading her day to day adventures and her photos are awesome!
The Liebster Award name comes from the German word meaning dearest (too cute!) and is given by bloggers to other bloggers. The nominees are bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. This recognition is a great way to share blogs within the blogging community and network amongst some of the newer blogs/bloggers.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
  1. Thank your nominator by linking back to their blog- THANK YOU PETITE RAISIN!
  2. Answer 10 questions posed by your nominator 
  3. Nominate 5 or more bloggers, who have less than 200 followers, for the award 
  4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer 
  5. Notify your nominees

Marta's Questions:

1. What mistake have you made that you’ve learned from?
 
O my...starting with a tough one! Hmmmm...well I have to say I have made a few mistakes in my life so far (haha), but I think one would be taking everything personally. This is something I'm still learning from, but I have learned that sometimes business is just business and I can't take it so personally.

2. If you could travel back as yourself to meet your teenage self at 16 – what would you tell them?
Continue to be true to who you are. Don't EVER feel like you have to be pushed in a certain direction.

3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
My sister and I used to play just as the snow was melting that we were stuck in the "snow land". We couldn't step on the grass at all so we would jump, leap, and run around in the snow land.

4. Who ha
s been the biggest influence in your life?
My parents...hands down.
 
5. What movie can you watch over and over and never get sick of?
I'm going to change this question a bit to TV show because I own them on DVDs. ALIAS!!!

6. What goal do you have for 2014?
I would like to grow my business a bit more and start a family :)

7. What’s your favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
I have a slight obsession with Lululemon. I would say my Lululemon Run Speed Shorts in the color black.

8. Who would win in a fight – Steven Segal, or Chuck Norris?
Chuck Norris! -I'm a huge fan.

9. What did you do for your high school graduation/prom?
I went to several proms; all which were pretty much the same. Great group of friends, limo, food and dancing at a venue, then bowling or dessert afterwards. Good times!

10. What was your very first job?
I worked at a Bed and Breakfast on the lake for a sweet older couple. Best first job ever!

My nominations are:
 
Julie at Xfallenmoon

My Questions--
1. What have you enjoyed most about blogging?
2. Where is your favorite place to travel?
3. Are you an introvert or extrovert? 
4. What is the most difficult thing you have undergone this year?
5. What are you overly obsessed with? i.e. food, clothing, books, places etc.?
6. Worst piece of advice you have ever received?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. How do you spend your free time (if you have any)?
9. Describe your most embarrassing moment?
10. Give one tip for fellow bloggers- something you have learned.

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun little post! I love these awards - it's always neat to learn more about a blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh - I also love LuluLemon, but haven't been in a store in ages! I think I will have to make a trip after this pregnancy is over... some new work-out clothes will be the perfect motivator to get back in the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination Lovely!

    Here are my answers

    http://puddleducklane-handmade.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/leibster-award-nomination.html#.Uia3-MsayK0

    xx Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the answers!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu- addict over here too! Great answers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the nom! I am so excited to do this and plan on doing it this weekend! I'll make sure to share my answers with you! xo

    ReplyDelete