Thursday, October 31, 2013

Recipe Share: Chili Con Carne!

I love Chili! Absolutely. In. Love.
I am even more in love with the recipe that I have been using that has been passed down to me from my mom. Being in Mississippi recently, my mother in law made some chili and it got me craving my mom's chili recipe.
I decided to make some the other night and figured I would do a recipe share.

Katrina's Chili Con Carne

Ingredients:
2 lbs Hamburg
1 Small Onion, pealed and chopped
1/2 Cup Water
2 Cans Tomato Soup
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
Hot Sauce
1 1/2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Large Spoon Fulls of Brown Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1tsp Oregano
Red Pepper Flakes
2 TBS of Chili Powder
2 Kidney Beans
Olive Oil

In large pot, cover bottom with olive oil and put in onion. Cook down for 7 minutes on medium heat.
Next, put in meat with salt, pepper, oregano, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and cook until fully cooked through.
When meat is fully cooked, drain and then add 1/2 cup of water and both cans of tomato soup. Additionally, add diced tomatoes, hot sauce to taste, worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Mix together, then add brown sugar, chili powder, and both cans of kidney beans.
Make sure you stir well and taste. Add additional spices and hot sauce to taste!

Let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Serve with cheese on top :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment