Wednesday, March 5, 2014

DIY Spring Decor' {Budget Friendly}

So I may have gone ahead and decorated my home for Spring already...
Yep...this girl right here!

I got out my box of Spring decorations the other day, and when I opened it I just felt like I needed a bit more than what I had. Not wanting to break the bank for a few Spring Deocr' items I thought I would head to the Dollar Tree to see if I could pick up a few items to craft and decorate with.

I picked up a few baskets to use throughout my home which you can see in my Tuesday Vlog.

However, I also came home with a few items to craft with!
Picture Frames
and
A Gift Bag
Yes! I wanted to make some fun Spring frames to set on my fireplace mantel.

 These frames were $1 and while the color wasn't terrible I wanted to give them a coat of paint.

The bag was also a $1 and I thought it was super cute and was giving me the Spring vibe :)

I gave both frames (because I did pick up two) two coats of white paint.

Here is how they turned out!
 I made two for each side of my mantle and they bring so much life to it. It's sad, but I don't usually decorate with a bunch of color.
 I love this quote by Leo Tolstoy :) It describes Spring perfectly in my mind. But then again...in my home it is always time for plans and projects :)
And finally, on this last one I just glued some pearl like beads that I had in a few different places. I liked how it gave it a 3D look of sophistication!

When do you decorate for Spring?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You inspired me to head over to my local Dollar Tree yesterday after work. I picked up a couple for cute Easter egg ornaments for our little Easter tree.

    ReplyDelete