Thursday, July 24, 2014

12 Weeks! {Pregnancy Update}

Before I was pregnant I read a good many blogs by moms who were pregnant or already have kids. One of the ideas I picked up was to do some blog posts in a format that gives some insight into the pregnancy.

So look forward to these every couple weeks! Let's start with the first one!!

How far along: 12 weeks and 4 days!

Baby size: 2 1/2 inches and 1/2 an ounce! So tiny!

Weight gain: I have gained more than I thought I would in the first trimester. I didn't eat a lot before I was pregnant and now that I try to eat 3 meals a day I think my body has decided to store some extras! Haha!

Belly button:In :)

Maternity clothes: At 8 weeks I bought one pair of maternity shorts after I woke up one morning and was bloated beyond comprehension. The next day I fit into my normal shorts so I tucked the maternity shorts away. Now...at 12 weeks I don't fit in my pre-pregnancy shorts (sad face) and the maternity shorts are still a bit too big. Enter the BELLA BAND! Life savor!

Gender: We don't know yet.

Movement: Not yet! I'm looking forward to it though. Sometimes I think I feel some fluttering, but then I convince myself it's too early still and that is must be gas (can we talk about that please!!!)

Sleep: At about 8 weeks I started waking up every night to use the bathroom and it hasn't stopped happening. Plus, I was a tummy sleeper so I'm trying to adjust to sleeping on my side.

Food aversions: I don't have an specifically.

Food cravings: Watermelon (ahem...all day long!)

Labor signs: No!

Best moment this week: Watching my belly grow some! It has been slight, but I can tell it's not just bloat anymore... this is baby :)

Non-baby-related favorite moment this week: Spending time with new found friends :)

What I miss: Fitting in my size two shorts and jeans... :( Will I ever be back to those lol

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling the baby move around! Seeing family and friends for the first time since announcing we were pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment