Tuesday, September 23, 2014

DIY Nursery Closet Dividers!

I'm tackling several DIY projects for the nursery. Partly because I looooove to craft (even though I'm not that great), and also because every time I look on Etsy and find something I like, it costs waaaayyy to much.

Nonetheless, I really wanted closet dividers for my little girl's different sized clothes. I mean...I am a professional organizer. It only makes sense for me to want these things :) After looking on Etsy I just decided I would make some myself. Here is how they turned out!

After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby I had:  wood door signs (79 cents each), cute scrapbook paper, stickers, Mod Podge, and a few tools from home (paint/knife)
I started by just painting the backs of the door signs with some paint I had on hand.
I cut the scrapbook paper to fit the front side of the hanger and adhered with Mod Podge. (Does that stuff get any better?) Let it dry for 15 minutes. Then I applied my number stickers to each sign and applied a Mod Podge top coat. Let it dry!
I used some ribbon (that I had) to tie my closet dividers to my closet rail. I love the color they add to the nursery :)
Can't wait to fill this closet with clothes!


Cheers!

1 comment: