Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015 REORG {Part 2: EC Planner Meal Plan Update}

So part TWO of this REORG focuses around my menu planning system. I am a HUGE menu planner and have been planning my weekly menu since I got married. Menu planning for my family helps up stay on $ budget $ and it keeps that sinking feeling of not having dinner ready for my husband at bay.

Nonetheless, I had a system for the longest time in which I had a menu board in my kitchen that I updated each week with my meals. I really liked this board so that my husband could see what was going to be for dinner. It turns out he didn't seem to look at it much and I realized I was writing my meal plan down multiple times. I usually plan my meals in my office and was writing it in my planner, as well as, then transferring to my menu board.


So my goal for the beginning of this year was to change where I kept my meal plan. I just found it more helpful to keep in my planner. I'm slightly obsessed with planners, planning, and life management. Can you tell? I tried writing my meal plan directly in my planner; but I would have to occasionally swap meals or our schedule would change. Very annoying. I didn't like having strike outs and messiness in my planner. Plus, I thought it would be cool to use my Erin Condren Coil Clips to move my meal plans to each week. The downside--they aren't reusable.

Here is what I did!
 I purchased 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" Sheet Protectors (Target) which fit perfectly in the Erin Condren Life Planner. I also picked up a few of the weekly note pads from the Target dollar spot which work perfectly for writing down my meals!

I went ahead and cut the holes off the sheet protectors so that the sheet fit even more snug into my planner. If you have a Filofax, this system would work there as well. Just keep the holes!
Then I attached my coil clip to the outside of the sheet.

SIMPLE.

Now I can move my sheet protector to each week and insert my meal plan for that week right in my planner.

When I get to the middle of the week, I can easily switch the side my meal plan faces.


This saves me some time, a mess in my planner from menu changes, and allows me to have my plan inserted each week! Happiness!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. This is so great! I always find I'm changing up where I keep my meal plans and I'm never quite that satisfied. I'm going to try this out!

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael and I started using emeals this week to help with meal planning. They send you a week's worth of meal recipes that tie to your grocery store's sale items and make sure you don't waste food by making too much or buying stuff you don't use up before they spoil. Check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a systematic approach on almost everything, Katrina! And creating a menu planning scheme is just one of your best flairs on that matter. Writing down your meal plan is a clever means of tracking down your meal’s budget, as well as its overall impression, in terms of nourishment. I hope you’re yielding a lot of benefits from that!

    Amy Pamensky @ Nourished Balance

    ReplyDelete