Thursday, April 23, 2015

We made it 3 months EPing!!!


I have to admit that EPing is hard. It takes a lot of work and dedication. But, I am BEYOND dedicated to my beautiful daughter and I am going to keep on pumping :) I plan to do a look back on EPing blog post when I start to wean, but I did want to give y'all an update on how it is going now.

To date:

PPD (Pumps per Day): 4
OPD (Ounces per Day): 55 ish
Freezer Stash: 1500+

I have been blessed with an over supply so that I am able to freeze milk to use for my daughter in the future as I start to wean or if I want to drop another pump per day. If my supply stays the same and I am able to make it a year with pumping/ my minimum stash, I plan to donate the additional ounces.

This is not how I originally intended to breastfeed my daughter; but I will say that right now I can't imagine doing it any other way. Miss K is happy, healthy, and thriving.

My first goal is to make it to 6 months before weaning and my second goal is to make it a year. I have to two goals because EPing is hard (I mentioned that already so it's definitely true). There are days that all I want to do it throw my pump out the window and be done. There are days when I cry hooking up to the pump. And, there are days when I just want to snuggle with my baby girl instead of pump. But, it's all worth it. I keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for my daughter and that's all that matters.

We are on a great schedule during that day that allows me to pump during her naps so that it doesn't take away time we have. It doesn't always go according to plan and my pumps have to be flexible but we are making it work.

Thanks for all your encouragement! I have received so many emails and messages from you all with similar experiences. It is a journey for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment